Fashion Tips for $10 or Less!

Real things for people who don't have the money for high style but the passion for fashion.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Using Ties Creativily


Ties are great accessories for guys and girls. Ties are cheap at thrift stores, usually ranging $1-5. When looking for a tie, I try and find unique patterns and colors. Ties instantly add a pop of color to any outfit. I like to wear ties with a neutral outfit, or with a contrasting shirt pattern. Here's just a few ways you can wear ties casually:
Head Band
 This look is very simple to execute. All there is to it tying it just like you would shoe laces. Just make sure you have equal lengths of tie when you start tying.

The Casual Knot

I like finding unique graphic ties. They're really fun to mix and match and they instantly add humor to any look. 

Experimenting with knots
 Try to experiment with tying the tie. Even if you don't know how to tie it correctly, it doesn't really make a difference. Some of my favorite looks have been created by accident. I like to think of this look as an oversize faux bow tie. 
I also created the graphic on the tie using black ink splatters on a white tie. I bought the tie for only $1! 


These are just a few suggestions, but I advise you to experiment. A lot times I get really creative cool looking tie knots by just fooling around a tie. I've also seen ties used as belts, which would look really cute tied into a bow around a high waisted dress.

1 comment:

  1. I frequently look for fun ties at thrift stores and such. Great post!

    ReplyDelete